This is becoming an all too common event in todays world of health insurance benefits. There are many reasons for a denied claim. Some as simple as an incorrect ID number, or some more complex when involving a complicated and medical treatment. Regardless of the reason, they are frustrating and can be scary when you see a bill for tens of thousands of dollars.
I have put together a resource list of links for anyone with a denied health insurance claim.
Resource List to get your denied health insurance claim corrected and paid.
- How to read your Horizon Blue Cross insurance claims EOB – From www.michaelsheeran.com
- Health Insurance Claim Denied? You don’t have to be an Insurance Pro to get your claim paid fast.
- How to get your insurance company to pay for a denied claim – From Health.com
- Health Insurance: What to do if a health insurance company denies your claim – NAIC, National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- How to spot and fight medical billing errors – MintLife Blog
- How to appeal a denied health insurance claim – Chicago Tribune
- Health Insurance Claim Denied? Don’t Despair. Fight Back. – Huffington Post
- Fighting Denied Claims Requires Perserverance – NY Times
- 7 Steps in Appealing a Health Insurance Denial – NY Times
- Tips to effectively battle your health insurance claim – CNN Health
- Handling a claim denial – what to do when insurance won’t pay for a prescribed service – Cancer.org
I hope you found the information in the links useful in your work to get your claim paid by your insurance company. Winning your denial seems to boil down to a few commong things.
- Read the bill and look for errors
- Take good notes and write EVERYTHING down
- Know your rights and fight to the end
If you have a success story on getting a claim paid for, I would love to hear about it in the comments section.